- Financial Services
- Real Estate
Advances in technology and transportation have made the world accessible to small and mid-sized businesses. These advances have also allowed major business entities to have a local presence in smaller and more remote venues. As a result, businesses have a greater ability to refine decision making with a vastly larger pool of resources. In a competitive environment, businesses that know their options and best utilize their resources are stronger, more profitable and able to sustain growth for the future. The Zarwin Baum international practice group is a valuable resource for business clients.
For over 40 years, Zarwin Baum has been involved in the representation of clients who have a global perspective and international interests. This experience helps us to be the best choice for these clients by: 1) knowing the client and its particular needs, 2) maintaining a personal relationship with a high degree of accessibility and responsiveness, 3) providing excellent service, 4) being cost conscious, and 5) ensuring a professional culture of individual responsibility and group accountability.
Whether it be an individual, small business or multi-national corporation, our attorneys serves clients with:
• Commercial Transactions
• Multi-National Strategic Alliances
• Employment Issues
• Immigration Matters
• Environmental Problems
• Government Relations Questions
• Real Estate Development
• Cross-Border Litigation
At Zarwin Baum, our lawyers are highly accomplished, well connected and extremely experienced. They include nationally renowned litigators, political leaders, successful business owners, real estate developers, investors and many others. We have served as arbitrators for international commercial disputes, corporate counsels, advisors to governmental entities, board members of banks, universities, hospitals, international businesses and trade associations. One of our shareholders serves as Honorary Consul General for the Republic of Korea, another organized Pennsylvania's Governor's first trade mission to Korea and was recommended by the United States Secretary of Labor and two United States Senators to serve on the President's Advisory Committee on Trade Policy and Negotiations.
Language ability within our firm:
• Chinese (Mandarin)
Examples of our recent international matters:
• Currently represent a German telecommunications company in M&A.
• Currently represent an Israeli client in large trust and estate matter in the U.S.
• Currently represent a U.S. manufacturer that distributes to companies throughout the world.
• Currently manage over 50 commercial leases for plants, warehouses and office space on behalf of a multi-national corporate manufacturer.
• Currently represent a group of investors from China seeking EB-5 investor status.
• Represented a publicly-traded Canadian corporation which acquired several U.S. corporations, handling the bulk of the M&A work.
• Represented a U.S. corporation which entered into a distribution agreement with a Korean cigarette manufacturer.
• Represented a U.S. corporation that entered into an apparel licensing agreement with a Canadian corporation.
• Represented a Korean publishing company in U.S. District Court against claims of invasion of privacy, securing dismissal of the suit prior to trial.
• Represented a start up pharmaceutical consulting company in establishing its corporation, business operation and approval from the U.S. Department of State as a treaty investor.
• Represented a U.S. medical research university in arbitration under the Patent Rules of Arbitration against an international agro-biotech investment firm for violation of a worldwide exclusive licensing agreement. Arbitration settled in favor of our client with an additional $500,000.00 paid for its legal fees and costs.
• Represented a U.S. company in negotiating and drafting a joint venture agreement with an Australian company for sales and service related to HVAC units.
• Represented a U.S. lumber company in its dealings with the government of Thailand.
• Represented U.S. companies in negotiations with companies in Spain and Portugal.
• Represented global bank based in Hong Kong in local commercial litigation
• Represented foreign citizens from Brazil, Egypt, Romania, China, Korea and Poland who were involved in litigation in the U.S. courts.
Here are some of the services we can provide for your business:
• Commercial Litigation
• Transportation Accident and Catastrophic Loss Defense
• Employment Litigation
• Human Resources Audits and Training
• Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
• Workers' Compensation Defense for Self-insureds
• Government Relations Consulting
• International Commercial Arbitration
• General Liability Defense
• Product Liability Defense
• White Collar and Criminal Defense
• Oversight and Management of Complex Legal Projects
• Commercial Leases
• Real Estate Development
• Environmental Compliance and Litigation
• Loan Documentation
• Contracts for Distribution
• Licensing Agreements
• Strategic Alliances
• Investor Status
• Establishing a Business in the U.S.
• Matters of Concern in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
• Legal Matters in Foreign Countries
For more information, please contact any of the practice members referenced in the Attorney Listing.